Want to work in NYC’s solidarity and cooperative economy?
Our members are hiring!
Store Coordinators, Greene Hill Food Coop
Composter-Biker, BK Rot
Full Stack Engineer/Architect, at Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners, Inc.
Tax Preparer (Seasonal), Urban Upbound (East River Development Alliance)
Financial Fitness Counselor, Urban Upbound (East River Development Alliance)
Jobs Plus Program Director, Urban Upbound (East River Development Alliance)
We are also hiring!
The Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York City seeks a 25 hour per week Program Coordinator to join our team! The coordinator will work remotely and meet with staff, leaders, and volunteers as needed in downtown Brooklyn. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for developing and producing all aspects of our Cooperative Leadership Institute and public programming and should be comfortable working in a membership-based democratic organization.
The Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York City (CEANYC) aims to strengthen and expand community-led, democratically-controlled initiatives — from worker, financial and consumer co-ops to community land trusts and gardens, mutual housing, and low-income housing co-ops. Our goal is to build an economy based on values of social and racial justice, ecological sustainability, cooperation, mutualism, and democracy.
We seek a self-directed, reliable, creative, and flexible individual who has a strong aptitude for project management, collective leadership, and working with diverse stakeholders in neighborhood-based settings. Our ideal Coordinator has excellent written and verbal English and Spanish skills and at least two years of experience creating and producing leadership development programs for social justice organizations or within the solidarity and cooperative economy. Experience and aptitude for working remotely and willingness to travel frequently in the five boroughs is required. Working knowledge of CiviCRM, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Instagram, Google Drive, Google Hangout, Zoom, and Skype strongly preferred. Interest and experience in cooperatives, solidarity economics, or democratic community organizations is ideal.
Coordinator duties will include:
- Research and design membership and public programs
- Produce programs and events for membership and the general public
- Develop and implement trainings for per diem instructors and event staff
- Develop a roster of expert practitioners to staff programs
- Create and manage programming calendar
- Work with staff and volunteers to assess membership needs and priorities annually
- Conduct outreach calls and visits to members in the five boroughs
- Create evaluation metrics and processes for all programs
- Track and manage data from programs in CiviCRM with support from staff and volunteers
- Oversee program budget
- Participate in staff collective meetings, strategic planning, and Board meetings as requested
- Introduce grassroots fundraising into programming and provide programming reports for funders as requested
- Direct and manage a diverse team of committed volunteers
CEANYC is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, working-class and low-income persons, LGBTQ persons, differently-abled people, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other traditionally marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an independent contractor position that will grow into a full-time staff position with benefits as funding is secured. The Program Coordinator will report to the General Coordinator and upon evaluation will join the staff collective and report to the Board of Directors. The position pays $30 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and 3 references to email@example.com, with the subject Program Coordinator. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.