Food cooperatives face a unique challenge in today’s political and economic climate. While the grocery industry has become ever more consolidated, corrupt, and centralized, consumers also have more choices than ever for organic, local, and natural foods that have long … Read More
- Operations Manager, Democracy At Work Institute
- Food Sovereignty Organizer, Central Brooklyn Food Co-op
- Web Worker, Palante Tech Cooperative
- Individual Giving Manager, New Economy Coalition
- Metrics and Impact Analyst, Democracy at Work Institute
- Worker Co-op Developer, Green Worker Cooperatives
- Communications and Development Associate, Cooperative Development Institute (Massachusetts)
- Cooperative Developer, Northern Manhattan Improvement
- Various Positions, BK Rot
Check Out Our Upcoming Events
It’s that time again! We’ll be hosting the CEANYC annual meeting. Tuesday, June 166 PM to 9 PMLocation TBD More details to come but for now just save the date.
We’re pleased to get to share a report on the 2019 Solidarity Economy Giving Project (PDF), where a group of New Yorkers came together in a one-of-a-kind philanthropy project to support our local efforts to practice abundance, not scarcity. The … Read More
How did you get into this work? Why did you get into this work?I became politicized in the work of sustainability/food justice/agriculture through my work with the farm Brother Nature Produce, D-Town Farm, and the Detroit Black Community Food Security … Read More
Join the Cooperative Economics Alliance
Membership gives you access to our network of 200+ NYC-based coops. You can learn from individuals, attend workshops, and contribute to the larger cooperative economy.
Donations helps us provide more training, technology, and expertise to our organizations and helps us facilitate inter-coop collaboration
Most drives, workshops, and events are run entirely by our volunteers. If you're interested in the solidarity economy, this is the fastest way to learn and help.