The Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York City seeks a full-time General Coordinator to manage the fundraising, administration, membership, communications, and programs of our organization, with the support of a robust volunteer team and working Board.
The Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York City (CEANYC) aims to strengthen and expand community-led, democratically-controlled initiatives — from worker, financial and consumer co-ops to community land trusts and gardens, mutual housing, and low-income housing co-ops. Our goal is to build an economy based on values of social and racial justice, ecological sustainability, cooperation, mutualism, and democracy.
The General Coordinator works remotely and meets in person with leaders and volunteers as needed, and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working with cooperatives and NYC’s solidarity economy
- Experience working remotely and managing remote teams and projects with attentiveness and care
- Familiarity with social and racial justice concepts and movements
- Fluency in written and verbal Spanish and English
- An ability to rigorously follow through and apply creative solutions to barriers or challenges
- Experience managing or creating leadership development programs
- Demonstrated experience working in the communities most impacted by structural oppression
General Coordinator duties are split among the following areas: 30% fundraising, 30% programs, 20% administration, 20% membership and communications.
- Supervise, hire, and train staff and volunteers
- Organize and support the Board of Directors as requested
- Oversee and manage all administrative and programmatic aspects of the organization; organize the delegation of tasks and responsibilities among staff, board and volunteers
- Oversee and manage all aspects of fundraising and development including grant fundraising, individual giving, corporate sponsorships, city contracts, and the giving circle program.
- Oversee all aspects of communications, including management of CEANYC’s website, social media, newsletter, materials, and database
- Manage all fiscal, budgetary and human resource matters
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position that offers a base salary of $55,000-$60,000 plus health insurance benefits, with room for growth as the organization’s budget grows. CEANYC is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and strongly encourages people of color, women, disabled people, and LGBTQIA+ people to apply.
Applications are rolling and interviews are ongoing. To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three references
- A work sample (something you created for your work that you are proud of and tells us something about who you are as a professional, no more than 2 pages of text)